Toothaches can be extremely painful, and we never want you to feel the excruciating throbs that are associated with it, which is why we have provided this blog! If you have a toothache, you can try to relieve the pain at home with one or more of these five home remedies:
1. Ice the area: Icing the area can relieve pain and numb the nerves. Put one or two ice cubes in a plastic bag and lay the ice on the aching area or outside the cheek that covers the tooth. Do not use a heating pack to sooth the tooth and do not eat or drink sweet foods and drinks if they increase your pain.
2. Swish with salt water: Put a teaspoon of salt in a cup of water and swish it around in your mouth for about 30 seconds. When the time is up, spit it out into the sink. Repeat this process as much as needed. The salt water cleans the infected area and draws out the liquid that causes the swelling.
3. Brush your teeth: Brushing your teeth will clean the area surrounding the tooth. As you brush, use a toothbrush that is meant to help and clean sensitive teeth. You can also floss around the tooth and free any excess particles that might be causing the pain.
4. Use clove oil: When you coat the area with clove oil, your toothache will be relieved and you will have the comfort you are looking for. Just pour some clove oil on a gauze pad or cotton ball and rub your tooth with it.
5. Use vanilla extract: Like the clove oil, place vanilla extract on a gauze pad or cotton ball and rub it over your tooth to relieve the pain. Vanilla extract helps relieve the pain you feel and it also provides a calming effect.
If these home remedies do not sooth your tooth pain, you might have a more serious problem and we ask you to call our office as soon as possible. We offer many solutions at our office that are able to give you the comfort you deserve. If you would like to learn more about toothache solutions and the ways we can help you, call us now! We look forward to helping you.